COVID-19 What to Expect During Your Visit
Our doctors and staff are committed to ensuring your office visit is the safest possible. We realize these are trying times. Please be patient and respectful to our staff. We are all in this together.
We will attempt to contact you by phone one or two days before your visit. Our staff will ask screening questions for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors, update your personal information, and start gathering information to help our doctors with your visit. As we strive to maintain social distancing, we are scheduling longer appointment times.
We ask that you not bring guests along with you to your appointment if possible. One responsible adult will be permitted to accompany minors, seniors or to accompany those patients who require assistance. All others will be asked to wait in their car.
Please call from the parking lot to “check-in” for your appointment. Your vehicle is our new waiting room. If you leave a message and haven’t heard back within a few minutes, please call again.
· A mask is mandatory to enter our office (disposable masks are available). No exceptions. This is mandated by the Texas Medical Board, the CDC, the Texas governor and not even our decision. Please be respectful.
· We will check your temperature before you enter the office. Anyone with a fever will be rescheduled.
· You will be required to wash your hands or use hand-sanitizer as soon as you arrive.
· Patients should try to maintain distance of 6 ft from each other. Some waiting room chairs have been removed to help.
· We ask that you not walk around the office or unnecessarily handle eyeglass frames without a basket to put all frames touched. Our opticians will sanitize them afterwards.
In an effort to provide the best possible experience, we have streamlined our check in process to help reduce your wait time while in the office.
On the day of your appointment, please bring with you the following items:
1. A list of all of your current medications.
2. Your eyeglasses and sunglasses.
3. Current contact lenses.
4. Please bring your medical insurance cards along with you to your appointment.
5. Please provide a method of payment for the part of your visit that is not covered by vision plans or medical insurance such as specialist copays and deductibles. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, debit cards and Care Credit.
Please contact us with questions at 806-935-2020.
We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming appointment.
The Dumas Vision Source Team